“Happy New Year 2014” to all my readers! As promised here, I am releasing another free WordPress theme called “PhotoFly“. This is a full-screen responsive theme with ready-to-use page templates and easily configurable home page.
The home page has a full screen slider with an attractive zoom-in effect that will surely catch the eye of your readers. PhotoFly theme has been tested on all major browsers including Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer.
Here is a list of detailed features of this WordPress theme :-
- Full Screen Home Page Slider (with zoom effect)
- Theme Admin Options
- Page templates for Portfolio, Blog, Homepage and Contact Page
- Responsive – Fit to work on Mobile devices
- Built-in Drop Down Menus
- Integrated Lightbox effect for Images and Gallery
- Optimized code for SEO
- Automatic Image resizing – Uses the Featured Image option of WordPress
Theme Demo & Download
Instructions for Usage
You can read on how to set up the theme in the Help Section under the Theme Options once you install PhotoFly. Some things to note :-
- Make sure to set the number of slides in the Theme Options that you want in the Home slider.
- Make sure you set your permalinks to something other than the default ones for the Portfolio to work correctly.
What Next ?
I was disappointed at the response to my last free WordPress theme. I see several downloads and views but not a single comment. I spend a lot of precious time making these WordPress themes and I will appreciate if there is some kind of feedback on them. Anyway, enjoy PhotoFly and let me know your review 🙂
Version 1.3 (updated as on Feb 12, 2014)
A new version of the PhotoFly WordPress Theme has been released. Changes are as follows :-
- Fixed conflicts with already installed plugins. Home slider works without flaws.
- Added the missing <body> tag. (what a blunder!!)
- Widened the post/page area.
- New theme option for adding your Image logo.
- Added missing comments.php and enabled threaded comments.
- The theme updates your permalinks automatically upon installation so you don’t have to save them manually to make portfolio work.
- Updated the blog and portfolio grid layout to use Masonry (now works in all browsers perfectly including Internet Explorer 10)