There are many ways in which you can maximize your RSS subscribers. I have tried to compile some of the best ones here:
1. Making the most out of your blog posts
- Write descriptive headings for your blog posts – They should purely point to the content in your post and describe optimally about what is written and it is relevant to whom and what.
- Write articles for your post with a minimum of 150-200 words because too less content will dissatisfy your readers who are trying to find information on a topic (that’s why they subscribe to the blog).
- Put internal and external links related to your articles and it would also be better if the keywords in your title match the links you have posted with the article. It adds more relevance and usefulness to what you are informing your readers about.
- Make the post user friendly and your blog easy to subscribe. The new readers of your post, who liked your article, are willing to subscribe, should be easily able to find the ‘subscribe now’ option on your site.
- When possible, try eliminating the pronouns and putting more descriptive nouns. The sparking idea behind this is that when the search engines start searching for the key words, they identify the semantics in your article and thus the searcher can approach your blog site or article. It helps your post reach its highest potential.
2. Comments should be encouraged on every post of your blog. A well written blog entry invites more readers and comments from them. Make it known to them that you value their distinct comments and they herald an improving ladder for you.
3. Give people different options on how they want to subscribe as readers like e-mail and different RSS feed readers (e.g. Google Feed Reader). Some may even prefer feed readers depending on their Internet browsers.
4. Try to choose a topic good enough to strike a conversation between the readers and the authors. Make it precise and written in easy to understand language for its readers, so that the issue is more debatable.
5. Sign up for Feedburner as it provides a variety of popular tools and options like tracking, statistics and social media links.
6. Only when your subscriber count reaches a good threshold level, display it on your blog somewhere. This gives a good initial impression on the new readers about your site, its popularity and its usefulness as more subscribers imply such a review only.
7. Try to build a trustful community where you always are in contact with the gossip within your readers about the latest article you posted. Always reply to the comments received and help those who are in need. This will make your readers come back for more everyday.
8. If you learn to use social media websites correctly then you’ll have good number of quality links forwarding search engines towards your article or content. If properly used, social media websites like Digg or Del.icio.us can drive free traffic towards your content and articles.
9. Another great way to increase the number of readers is to announce contests that can lure in more readers. For e.g. there are free WordPress themes for readers of Blog Oh! Blog in contests like these – Trueblogger Theme Contest
10. You can provide incentives to reach out to people who are not using feed readers. The incentives can be made available to these feeds only. This will help you in spreading some additional tips, content and information to such subscribers.
11. You can also ask for advice from your readers about your post if they felt anything was left out. They can suggest different tips and tactics.
12. Be open and honest about feedbacks even if they criticize your article or post. You’ll end up having more subscribers because honesty pays!
13. Keep track of the market by observing the latest trends. You can then write posts and articles about the products which are hot in the area accordingly.
14. Actively solve the reader’s problems. This will popularize your blog.
15. Always say a “thank you” wherever you find it comfortable to use.
16. When you are writing articles, try to establish a connection of it with you and others. This will make you more close to your readers.
17. Choose articles, which haven’t found much importance in the past but need the due attention.
18. Bylines are where the authors of other articles are credited for their writings. If your target audience is special, mention it in the byline.
19. Never forget to mention the advantages and benefits to the readers as to why they should subscribe to your blog or post.
20. Be more creative in your articles and try to invoke thought provoking ideas in your readers.
21. One important thing that you should keep in your mind about blogging is that the content you put up should really be unique. It should differentiate your site from all others.
22. When writing articles about a product or reviewing it, be honest and unbiased and share the personal experience.
23. Don’t ever try to fool your subscribers or lie to them. They are far smarter and fast paced than we as they decide the market and the trends. Once you have gained the trust of your subscribers with your hard work, it can be a boon or a bane. If you maintain it then it will increase the number of subscribers or if you lost it (by telling a lie or trying to fool them) you may never be able to recover them back.
24. When selling out ad space on your blog, be sure that it is in sync with the kind of matter you put on blog or closely related. Make your blog resourceful.
25. Do not go over the top with advertising. It will bury your content’s importance and make your page an ad trash. You do not want your readers to go back just at a mere sight of your page.
26. You can use other popular blogs to gain some popularity and that initial rush to start kicking. Maybe buy a review or two.
27. One of the interesting ways to increase your subscriber count is to create a more artistic and eye catchy kind of blog. The blog design should be attractive and very original.
28. A great way to get to some people who are not blogging everyday is email subscribing. It is one of the best deals which can guarantee an 8-10% rise in the subscriber count in a fortnight. You can select your favorite email application like Gmail or Outlook and draft a wonderful and personalized mail, which can connect to the reader. You can provide the subscribing details and the verification system in the end and remind them they haven’t missed a chance to subscribe today.
29. Another technique to get additional subscribers is to dedicate a whole page only on subscription. This will be an ethical bribe to get those numbers going up.
30. Become a guest blogger yourself. As you start contributing content for other blogs you are gaining more insights with your work with the readers of those blogs and thus gaining popularity for your own blog.
The most important thing for any blogger and his blog are the readers, and everything should be done in their interest. May it be the content or the themes of your site, the whole blog system is based on the number of readers it has and the amount of comments it receives from them. I will surely appreciate all your feedback on this post.