Blogging is more than just posting your views and any serious blogger would agree to that note hands down. There are many specialized tools available on the Internet that can enhance your website to a whopping extent and the only way to know what is going to work to your profits’ is to just try them out! Here is a list of 50 useful blogging tools (other than brains, creativity and the will to work!) that will help you in picking up your bet.
Let’s kick off with ‘Hosting, DNS and domainname’- that’s the first step anyways!
1. Domainscour: This is a website which helps you to find all the available domains in your niche within a span of few seconds. Powered by web 2.0.
2. MyIPneighbours: Snooping is always fun, right? This IP search facilitates in finding out how many other websites your ‘shared host’ is hosting! This information if handled appropriately can be useful in web analytics and SEO.
3. WhoIshostingthis: A simple tool that enables you to find out the hosting company behind any website! Looking for a change in website hosting?
4. You Get Signal: This is a collection of various network tools and has in store, some of the best tools in the internet community. A treasure of useful resources!
Now for the attires, make-up and presentation – Design and Color.
5. GenFavIcon: An online tool that lets you select or create your own Favicons – Unique little icons that are displayed alongside a site’s name in the address bars of browsers.
6. Color Palette generator: You want similar colors (if not the same) like the ones in that particular image? Well, just type the URL of that image and you are gifted with a color palette, matching it. Simply wow! Isn’t it?
7. Color Scheme Generator 2: The tool basically generates a wide range of color schemes using the best optical impression (one of the authentic algorithms used in doing so!).
8. Font Tester: The right tool to find out the right style/font/size/color for your website has arrived! It’s a free online font comparison tool that does almost everything in the world of fonts.
9. Screen Size Tester: Unless you want your website to look distorted in different available browsers, you better check out this tool – it will definitely make your job a lot easier!
Now the geeky part (not exactly!) – Programming and coding
10. Grid: The fundamental of layouts is grids. ‘Grid’ is a manipulative and intuitive tool that facilitates the overlaying of a layout for any grid-based website.
11. CSS Superdouche: A superb tool that sensibly reduces the complex and unwanted parts of your CSS code to trimmed ones. You can call it the ‘designer of code’!
12. Centricle: You’ve done the finest coding possible for your website! Great! But one simple question – Is your CSS file compatible with all the browsers? Get your answers with this tool.
Web forms and its guild!
13. WuFoo: It’s an innovative HTML form builder that aids you in creating some of the most beautiful forms, invitations and surveys.
14. Web Form Factory: Standing true to its name, Web form factory is an open source generator of web forms. It automatically generates the much needed backend code to hold a particular form to a database.
15. PHP form: Stop drowning your heads into ‘Dummies for PHP’ and related books! It just takes three simple steps with this tool, to create a PHP form!
Content! One of the fundamentals of your website!
16. Orangoo spell check: It’s an online spell checker, a kind of free proof-reader! The results are very accurate and you don’t even need to download any kind of software or toolbar.
17. TheCompleteWord: Creative minds do need rest or maybe some new sources? Scourge through millions of articles here by just typing the necessary keywords!
18. WorldLingo: Just the way you don’t understand the language of people at the other end of the planet, similarly they don’t understand yours! Find the perfect translation of your language in English through this tool.
Social Bookmarking- A necessity.
19. AddThis: This tool spreads your website links throughout the internet at virus-like speed (although it’s not considered spam!) and makes it easier for people to bookmark your ‘darling’ and share it with others.
20. Social Marker: The promotion of your website is bound to take a huge leap with this tool in your kitty. This website offers free service through promotion and social bookmarking of your website. It saves a lot of your time and money for the PR!
Logos and more
21. Logo generator: It has a self-explanatory name! Generates lovely Web 2.0 logos for your website.
22. Buttonator: This tool gives the liberty of creating, dragging and dropping buttons to your website (web 2.0 compatible).
23. MyCoolButton: Creates marvelous web 2.0 buttons! It’s renowned for its user-friendliness and a host of options to help.
24. StripeDesigner: Create stripes – the easy way. These little things do add on to the Web 2.0 look.
26. Tartan Maker: If you aren’t the ‘stripes’ types, then create and use ‘tartans’ for your background. Try this tool!
Up-time, SEO and marketing
27. Apica’s Website Monitoring: The Apica WebExcellence Suite is a proven platform for testing, monitoring and optimizing cloud and mobile applications.
28. Word-tracker: “You enter a keyword and you get back hundreds of related keywords and an approximate of their daily search volume”- This isn’t fiction, it’s the functioning of this tool!
29. Crawl test: The search engine crawling issues of your website will be taken to task from now on. This tool happens to be a crawling issue diagnose specialist.
30. SiteUptime: A monitoring service for your website that notifies you via SMS or email in cases of your website is unavailable.
31. HostTracker: Register to this service and it’ll set some monitoring points, which will be monitored carefully in case of errors and other problems in your website.
32. OnlineMetatag: Good Meta tags will help you in fetching a good rank in a search engine. This tool generates different Meta tags for various search engines.
Rankings! Its time for your grades!
33. Blog Juice: Blog Juice Calculator Determine the “blog juice” for your blog using this tool from Text-Link-Ads and compare with various other blogs from the blogosphere. Juice is determined from your Bloglines subscription, Alexa rank, Technorati rank and inbound links in Technorati.
34. DNScoop: How much is your domain name worth? Use dnScoop to check and verify before you buy or sell, then discuss buy and sell domain names in the dnscoop forums.
35. Xinu: Check PageRank, Backlinks, Indexed Pages, Rankings and more.
36. Website grader: A free SEO tool from HubSpot that provides an Internet Marketing Report for your website. Tips on how to improve your existing website are also suggested by this tool.
37. Page Strength: Like its name, the tool weighs a site’s or more commonly the page’s visibility and relative importance.
38. PR checker: By adding our Page Rank Checker tool (page rank icon) to your site you can instantly and easily check the rank (check PR) of all your web site pages right on your web site.
39. Test Everything: CSS validators, HTML validators, web proxies, SEO tools, image tools and more – just check everything about your website here!
40. Popuri.us: It’s an indicator of the ‘popularity quotient’ of a link. A link’s popularity is checked on the basis of its ranking, social bookmarking, blogs and other factors.
Stats and Feedback
41. Google analytics: A gem of an analytical tool from Google. Forget the mundane information, it even prompts you on where your visitors come from and their interaction in the website too.
42. WebAGogo: A free online tool to test the quality of a website in tandem to its own set of established/relative parameters.
43. Piwik: It’s an ‘open-source’ web analytics software revealing some juicy and interesting information/reports of your website.
44. PHPmyvisites: An open source software for audience measurements, tracking of visitors and web statistics. One of the powerful and accurate in vogue!
45. TagCloud generator: It generates web 2.0 tag clouds corresponding to the keywords on your website.
46. GickR: The online tool lets you create GIF animations. It’s free and instant.
47. Searchamabob: This tool facilitates your website visitors to search using Google or any other search engine that’s added along to this cool widget.
48. XML sitemaps: Placing this tool will help search engine crawlers to get to your website and track the changes in your pages more easily.
49. ShrinkTheWeb: It’s a website thumbnail provider, in fact the most powerful one.
50. Website ribbon: Create a unique ribbon for your website and lets you add it to your website instantly. It builds on the ‘brand’ image of your website and makes it look cooler than ever!