Finally WordPress 2.3 Dexter is out. I just updated my blog to new version.
Grrr!! error on my admin panel. 🙂
Whats new on Dexter?
- Native tagging support allows you to use tags in addition to categories on your post, if you so choose. Weâ€™ve included importers for the Ultimate Tag Warrior, Jeromeâ€™s Keywords, Simple Tags, and Bunnyâ€™s Technorati Tag plugins so if youâ€™ve already been using a tagging plugin you can bring your data into the new system. The tagging system is also wicked-fast, so your host wonâ€™t mind.
- Our new update notification lets you know when there is a new release of WordPress or when any of the plugins you use has an update available. It works by sending your blog URL, plugins, and version information to our new api.wordpress.org service which then compares it to the plugin database and tells you what the latest and greatest is you can use.
- Weâ€™ve cleaned up URLs a bunch in a feature we call canonical URLs which does things like enforce your no-www preference, redirect posts with changed slugs so a link never goes bad, redirect URLs that get cut off in emails on similar to the correct post, and much more. This helps your users, and it also helps your search engine optimization, as search engines like for each page to be available in one canonical location.
- Our new pending review feature will be great for multi-author blogs. It allows authors to submit a post for review by an editor or administrator, where before they would just have to save a draft and hope someone noticed it.
- There is new advanced WYSIWYG functionality (we call it the kitchen sink button) that allows you to access some features of TinyMCE that were previously hidden.
Important! before to upgrade, make sure backup is very, very important. Here is some important links you should to read before upgrading. 🙂
- 10 Things You Need to Know About WordPress 2.3
- Preparing for 2.3
- List of compatible and incompatible plugins
- List of Themes compatible with WordPress Version 2.3
Themes and Tag
Rich Gilch Rest tell us How To Add WordPress 2.3 Tags To Your Current Theme
Update** / My WordPress Themes
All my themes compatible with WordPress 2.3. How to add tags to your current theme? copy and paste code below to your index.php and single.php files. You can place it anywhere you like.
To display a list of tags on your post pages:
Tags: ', ', ', ''); } ?>
So now, you have added the ability to add tags to your theme, without breaking it in all versions prior to 2.3.
To display a list of tags in a tag cloud, maybe on sidebar huh?